Change log for 1.8.2 Bug Fix Title Update (TU6) – November 15th 2012
Changes and Additions:-
– Added an option to clear the quick select bar in the creative interface.
– Added an option to enable or disable bedrock fog, and set to off by default.
– Added an option to toggle the HUD off/on.
– Added an option to turn the player hand off/on.
– Added a crafting recipe for Golden Apples.
– Added a crafting recipe for Pumpkin Seeds.
– Made cakes stackable.
– Added a How To Play page for Host and Player options.
– Fix for a problem with signs in online games causing crashes.
– Fix for save renaming deleting the wrong save due to input received during the confirmation flow.
– Fix to the mob generation code to increase the number of animals in the world.
– Fix for chests being incorrectly lit, and rotated for maps from previous versions.
– Fix for problem with the eating animation being shown for players who weren’t eating.
– Fix for problem with chest lids not behaving properly.
– Fix for animals looking like they were taking damage when they shouldn’t.
– Fix for some sounds not playing when the player has an empty hand.
– Fix for lever sounds.
– Fix for fence gate sounds.
– Fix for splitscreen players sometimes having their settings zeroed.
– Fix for being damaged while flying over lava.
– Fix to stop lava, milk and water buckets being empty after use in creative mode.
– Fix for Leader of the Pack achievement being awarded incorrectly.
– Fix for leaderboard stats issue where value stored was incorrect.
– Fix for hitbox problems with glass panes and iron fence.
– Fix for small character display changing color to green.
– Fix for map rendering incorrectly in some situations with clouds disabled.
– Fix for block rendering problem at the edge of the map.
– Fix for splitscreen players not being able to mine in the tutorial.
– Fix for players not being able to sprint/sprint-fly in creative mode if the player was previously in survival mode with a low food bar.
– Fix for arrow damage not being ignored when PvP is turned off.
– Fix for activated pressure plates not working correctly.
– Fix for the low food bar hint appearing when loading a game in creative mode (usually the tutorial world saves).
– Fix to remove the player shadow when the Invisible option in the Host Privileges is used.
– Fix for Red Roses not being generated on the terrain.
– Fix for paintings being pushed by pistons.
– Fix so that players who can’t eat, due to the Trust Players option being off, do not get exhausted.
– Fix for the interface disappearing after a Share to Facebook action.
– Fix to limit the number of Slimes, Ghasts and Silverfish that can be spawned in a world.
– Fix for the cursor position in creative mode being able to go offscreen.
– Fix for players showing on maps when they should not be, after the player dies and respawns.
– Fix for capes displaying wrongly when sprint-flying.
– Fix for capes not displaying in the Nether.
– Fix for capes not displaying when the player respawns.
– Fix for tools taking damage in Creative Mode.
– Fix so Bows don’t need or use up Arrows in Creative Mode.
– Reduced the volume of the chest open/close sound effect.
– Added Creative Mode.
– Disabled Achievements and Leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative Mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative Mode.
– Added a simple tutorial for Creative Mode.
– Added sprinting to Survival Mode.
– Added flying and sprint-flying to Creative Mode.
– Added new items to the game – Melon, Melon Slice, Melon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Raw/Cooked Beef, Raw/Cooked Chicken, Rotten Flesh, Pumpkin Seeds, Iron Bars, Fence Gate, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs, Ender Pearl, Web,Vines, 10 more Music Discs, and Chain Armor.
– Added new items to the crafting menu – Melon, Melon Seeds, Glass Pane, Fence Gate, Iron Bars, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs.
– Added terrain generation features – Strongholds, Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts and Ravines.
– Biome code additions, including rivers and oceans.
– Changed the bow to have drawing and firing action.
– Added a quick move to the dispenser.
– Added a quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
– Added a quick move for ingredients and fuel in the furnace interface.
– Brought forward the mining speed changes from 1.2.3
– Brought forward apples dropping from leaf blocks from 1.1
– Brought forward change from 1.2.3 to make pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
– Fix to vines brought forward from 1.2.3 to stop them spreading too much.
– Added the Food Bar to the HUD.
– Added stacking for food items.
– Added the eating animation.
– Enabled crafting mushroom stew without a crafting table.
– Added the blocking move with swords.
– Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
– Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
– The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
– Skeletons now hold full size bows.
– Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
– Zombies now drop Rotten Flesh instead of Feathers.
– Updated some mob sounds.
– Shears can now collect Tall Grass and the new Vine.
– Improved sunrise and sunset.
– Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain).
– User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
– Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
– Cloud movement syncs with the game’s time.
– Both Wooden and Stone pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
– Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
– Added a countdown timer to the autosave to stop it being such a surprise.
– Added the ability to rename an existing saved world.
– Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving.
– Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
– Updated the How To Play HUD with the Food Bar information.
– Added descriptions for Creative Mode and Sprinting to the How To Play menus.
– Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
– Removed Herobrine.
Options Changes and Additions:
– Changed the Gamertags Display option to mean display/hide gamertags in-game and on maps.
– Added an option to select Creative Mode or Survival Mode on creating or loading a world.
– Added an option to disable clouds.
– Added additional options to the world creation – Superflat land (creates a flat world near bedrock in both the Overworld and the Nether), enable/disable Structures and Bonus Chest.
– Added Host options – toggles for Player Versus Player, Trust Players to stop players being able to mine without permission from the Host, Fire Spread, TNT Explodes, and Host Privileges.
– Added in-game player options for the host – Can Build and Mine, Moderator, Kick Player, Can Fly, Disable Exhaustion, Invisible.
– Store the Online, Invite Only, and Friends of Friends options in the player’s profile.
Tutorial World Changes:
– Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
– Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
– Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
– Added Music Disc Quests in the Tutorial world – players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the Music Discs that can be played in a Jukebox.
– Fix for duplication glitch.
– Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
– Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
– Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn’t.
– Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
– Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.