Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
– Added Creative Mode.
– Disabled Achievements and Leaderboard updates if the player is in Creative Mode, or if the world has been previously saved in Creative Mode.
– Added a simple tutorial for Creative Mode.
– Added sprinting to Survival Mode.
– Added flying and sprint-flying to Creative Mode.
– Added new items to the game – Melon, Melon Slice, Melon Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Raw/Cooked Beef, Raw/Cooked Chicken, Rotten Flesh, Pumpkin Seeds, Iron Bars, Fence Gate, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs, Ender Pearl, Web,Vines, 10 more Music Discs, and Chain Armor.
– Added new items to the crafting menu – Melon, Melon Seeds, Glass Pane, Fence Gate, Iron Bars, Stone Bricks, Stone Brick Slabs, Stone Brick Stairs, Brick Slabs, Brick Stairs.
– Added terrain generation features – Strongholds, Villages, Abandoned Mineshafts and Ravines.
– Biome code additions, including rivers and oceans.
– Changed the bow to have drawing and firing action.
– Added a quick move to the dispenser.
– Added a quick equip for armor to the inventory interface.
– Added a quick move for ingredients and fuel in the furnace interface.
– Brought forward the mining speed changes from 1.2.3
– Brought forward apples dropping from leaf blocks from 1.1
– Brought forward change from 1.2.3 to make pumpkins and melons grow from stems much faster, and not require farmland around the stem to grow on.
– Fix to vines brought forward from 1.2.3 to stop them spreading too much.
– Added the Food Bar to the HUD.
– Added stacking for food items.
– Added the eating animation.
– Enabled crafting mushroom stew without a crafting table.
– Added the blocking move with swords.
– Changed all the text descriptions for food to show how much they refill the food bar.
– Passive mobs will now flee when hit.
– The snout on pigs now protrude from their head.
– Skeletons now hold full size bows.
– Animals no longer despawn which makes it possible to capture them.
– Zombies now drop Rotten Flesh instead of Feathers.
– Updated some mob sounds.
– Shears can now collect Tall Grass and the new Vine.
– Improved sunrise and sunset.
– Improved the rain edges (when looking up in rain).
– User-placed leaf blocks no longer decay.
– Cloud height raised to the top of the map, so clouds can no longer phase through blocks.
– Cloud movement syncs with the game’s time.
– Both Wooden and Stone pressure plates can now be placed on fences.
– Improved chest model with a 3D lock, and opening and closing animation.
– Added a countdown timer to the autosave to stop it being such a surprise.
– Added the ability to rename an existing saved world.
– Added a confirmation dialog on the player choosing to exit without saving.
– Added a character display when sprinting or flying.
– Updated the How To Play HUD with the Food Bar information.
– Added descriptions for Creative Mode and Sprinting to the How To Play menus.
– Updated the Download Content menu with pictures of the DLC available.
– Removed Herobrine.
Options Changes and Additions:
– Changed the Gamertags Display option to mean display/hide gamertags in-game and on maps.
– Added an option to select Creative Mode or Survival Mode on creating or loading a world.
– Added an option to disable clouds.
– Added additional options to the world creation – Superflat land (creates a flat world near bedrock in both the Overworld and the Nether), enable/disable Structures and Bonus Chest.
– Added Host options – toggles for Player Versus Player, Trust Players to stop players being able to mine without permission from the Host, Fire Spread, TNT Explodes, and Host Privileges.
– Added in-game player options for the host – Can Build and Mine, Moderator, Kick Player, Can Fly, Disable Exhaustion, Invisible.
– Store the Online, Invite Only, and Friends of Friends options in the player’s profile.
Tutorial World Changes:
– Changed the Tutorial world to enable the new terrain features in it.
– Added mini tutorial for sprinting in the Tutorial world.
– Added mini tutorial for eating in the Tutorial world.
– Added Music Disc Quests in the Tutorial world – players can search the world for the 12 chests, each containing one of the Music Discs that can be played in a Jukebox.
– Fix for duplication glitch.
– Fix for aspect ratio of things in hand when in splitscreen mode.
– Fix for issue with player data not saving (player starting world with no items they had when they saved).
– Fix for redstone tiles burning out when they shouldn’t.
– Fixed issue with Minecart with Furnace not being able to move another Minecart.
– Fixed particle code for flipped 3rd person view.
Having switched the difficulty in my world, so that mobs could spawn, I could kill the spiders to get string and this string meant I could make a fishing rod, so I went out searching for spiders, having slept the night before and staying up a while so that the mob would spawn, so I located a nice calm spider and then attacked it, and then it started attacking me, swinging an iron sword to kill it, having killed the spider and made sticks for a fishing rod, I created it and wandered of to the closest body of water, luckily this wasn’t a large distance away, I equipped it into my hot bar and scrolled to it so I could use it.
Once the fishing rod was reached, a mini tutorial showing me how to use the rod, I followed it, and I will say it was a tricky thing to get my head around, I hear people saying “oh it just catching fish”, it was a matter of waiting for the bait to disappear into the water, and when it did you had to have lighting reactions to get the fish.
I think the mini tutorials are good as they are Xbox exclusive, I think it allows the player to use the tool/item without having to research it on the Internet, it allows the player to learn without having to quit the game, and it keeps the player on the game.
Casting the rod is simple, collecting the fish is simple, it’s just a matter of finding a body of water and having the patience to wait for a fish to get hooked.
Funny, I didn’t think fish made and appearance in the game, having swam around a little bit, I guess the reason the fish aren’t in sight when swimming around, they would cause lag in the game, or something similar and as many PC players know, lag absolutely kills the game, I’m glad that I haven’t experienced any lag on Xbox, but no doubt I will experience it, as all the new features get added in, I’m sure 4JStudios “the developers” are trying to cut out all instances of lag in the game, which I and every other Minecraft player on the Xbox welcomes I hope.
Cooking the fish is done in the same process as cooking a pork chop, I’m sure that eating a fish also replenishes the same amount of health as a pork chop.
Thanks for reading
More next week